While getting vaccinated against influenza is a widely known way to prevent it, here are a few more practices that could help protect against it:
- Avoid direct contact with influenza patients. Maintain a distance of at least six feet.
- When sneezing or coughing, cover your mouth with a tissue or handkerchief.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
- Avoid touching your face and ears.
In case you are experiencing an influenza infection, practice the following:
- Avoid contact with people
- Clean and disinfect your surroundings and any surfaces you may have come in contact with.
- Stay at home, at least till 24 hours after the fever has subsided.